Changing pump flow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
None of my canisters have adjustable flow rates- can I change the flow (by adding valves or such) without burning out the motors? The main reason I'd like to do this is because all of my high flow canisters have built in UV lights. I don't know why they put them in the high flow ones and not the smaller low flow, but anyway- if there is something I can do to reduce it so that the uv actually works as a steriliser and not just a clarifier, that would be brilliant

As you said it will burnout the motor or worse still blow the top off

Why not just add a second UV to the return pipe

Because even if the flow through the return pipe was half what it is rated, 1300 l/h is still too fast for sterilization to occur :-(

No its not a TMC vectron 25w lets you pass 1700 lph throw it and you can pick them up cheap on eBay used as little as £20

No its not a TMC vectron 25w lets you pass 1700 lph throw it and you can pick them up cheap on eBay used as little as £20

So you will be passing less than the recommend flow rate and will get getter results

I live in the UK

So other brands are available in the US

Its a 25w you need

Slowing a filter down will do nothing but make your filtration less effective

Back
Top Bottom