Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
Cheap biological filter

seriously this is ghetto but it works lol I used a thick plastic 1 gallon container with a big screw off lid from the dollar store, bio balls, ceramic rings and some filter floss, 1/2" ID clear tubing, submersible 200gph pump with 1/2" slip fittings and 2 1/2" inch fittings with threads on one end and of coarse aquarium sealent. first drill a hole in the top of the lid and screw one of the fittings in there with a bead of silicon under it, tighten it tight. put on in the side near the bottom in the same manner. fill with biological media and set it aside. hook up your pump and all your tubing and you just made your own biological canister type filter for around 12 bucks ( I already had the rings, filter floss and bioballs though)

Old 04-10-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
And Im sure its not pretty in the tank.. but yea almost anything works..

Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to tropicfishman
its not in the tank actually, its posistioned in a loop between a submersible pump ( in tank ) and an outlet house on the canister itself, it sets aside and gets pumped full of water while submersing the media then its pumped back out through the house, its a horrid looking contraption but it works lol

Tags
bio, biological, biological filter, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com