Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Great ideas guys myself I like to be able to have it removable. You never know u might want to change it. I think I might just do a black cloth back there cheap and easy lol

LostInFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I have painted and repainted my tanks several times....make sure you use water based paint with roller....it applies easier and most definitely comes right off without any problems......on the other hand that RUSTOLEUM Paint, IME, is a complete waist....takes too long to apply, smell is strong, and when I wanted it off, I had to SCRAP it off and it took a long while and I still have little spots of black that I can see...my fish were in the tanks at the time of painting

Current tanks: 55g/ 40B/ 20H/, 5g
If you always do what you've always done, you'll end with the same results
Aqualady40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
You got use this....I had the AC running and couldn't smell anything. It holding on very well & did it just this week to my aquarium with fish in it & looks great!

Rare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks everyone! I'm thinking I'll try the paint with a roller method on the big tank...for the smaller ones I'll probably try different ones to see which one I like best and holds up best..
Oohitsae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My husband has a cool background on his little tank made from the pages of an old comic book. (Not a valuable one) It's got a cool nerdy feel which fits in perfectly with our decor!
I didn't read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been suggested, but scrapbook paper works well too and can fit in with any colors and decor in your home.
Pitbullfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
For a small tank, bamboo, seagrass or reed place mat cut to fit, or burlap sack material or for a big tank, bamboo on a roll from the outdoor/patio department.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

background, cheap, diy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com