cheap lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a problem that I need to solve quickly. I bought an anemone from my lfs and the idiot never told me that it needed lots of light. I realize that most do but there is some that don't require the intense light that this one does. Basically I need an extra 100 watts of light. How can I do this for 100 bucks or preferably less. Cdn $. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also dont forget to check on ebay for these kits I picked up 2 x 96 watts ahsupply.com kit on there for a good price.

if you think the shipping rate is obscene, check out his feedback.
many people complain that their 'free' bulbs are broken, or the unit doesn't work. so it looks like you get screwed twice, shipping to you, then back to him, then back to you again.

ebay used to be a great place, now a days people just inflate their s/h charges to be even greedier, and not to mention 40%+ of all sellers now are selling chinese junk they buy in bulk. i bought an arc welder 8months ago, and the directions were translated worse, than that 'all your bases are belong to us' sega game.

that's enough of my ranting though.. if your hurting for lights you can always get a cheapo shoplight and over-power a 48w full spec/atantic blue bulb to run close to 96watts. if you choose to try that, search this forum there are a few great threads about it.

I tought I was the only one ,,that thought s/h was way out of this world!!! with ebay

i don't want to turn this thread into an ebay shipping rate bash fest, but seriously it's gotten way out of control, and i would like to get it out of my system. there's not much ebay can do though, so it looks like we get to choose weather or not we deal with it, however i am really fed up, with the chinese bulk - junk sellers. the sellers never come clean (but that's to be expected) about exactly what they are selling, but then hype up the junk so much, that you feel the risk is worth the pay off, only to find out you have been out bid by some 15yr old kid, who ends up backing out of auction.

i have no idea why people still try to sell their cars on ebay either, every other listing i read, the words ' i am relisting because of a dead - beat bidder [aka 15yr stupid kid] ' are in every one. maybe for once ebay should force those 15yr old kids to auctally buy there 100,000 dollar '89 mazada 626' then feed it all to the national news departments for world coverage, just to get the point across.

Back
Top Bottom