Check valve leaking co2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been wondering what could be the problem with my first DIY co2... I was getting nice production from the twin generators thanks to Purrbox, but was getting nothing out of the diffuser... At Purrbox's suggestion, a leak test of a soapy solution at all joints led to the discovery of a faulty seam on my brand new .99 cent plastic check valve. Being brand new, I never would have thought that would be the case. Just a lesson to all who try DIY...

DIY or not......the plastic check valves that we all use are not made for use with CO2. Even if they aren't leaking right off the store shelf. [This has happened to me twice] they will degrade with prolonged contact with the CO2. Recently I got to parinoid about waking one morning to have my tank half drained so I switched to metal check valves. Much more expensive but at least I sleep better now :)

Aha... I knew there had to be at least one more person with a similar problem. What material is the metal one made from? Brass?

Back
Top Bottom