Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Checking on interest

I am in the process of building an external co2 reactor. I have numerous pieces left over and wondered if people would be interested in buying a completed reactor from me...its in the paint booth right now so pics will be coming a bit later. Its nothing special, just a 1/2 inlet at the top and 1/2 inch out the side. Total length is about 19 inches. It incorporates clear pvc and piece of 3/16 tubing-doubles as bubble counter. Could customize it w/ difft parts if requested. Thanks

Kevin

Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

First build

Old 01-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

If still available I may be interested but would need more details. I've never done CO2 but think I may need to. Is this something where it is DIY and I would need to add all the yeast and stuff? Like they DIY with a 2L bottle? If so that is what I'm looking for.

Have you completed the first one yet? Can I see a picture of it completed? I'm a total noob when it comes to C02 and can't afford a pre-made system.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is a reactor, you hook up co2 to this(Im not sure if DIY co2 is usable on something like this....anyone?) and the water flow helps dissolve the co2 efficiently into the water column. The way I plan on using it is to put it before my canister filter. I'm still waiting on a few parts, so its not quite active yet. Just waiting for my regulator, needle valve, and check valve, which should all be here in a couple days.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, that doesn't sound like what I was looking for. Thanks!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com