Co2 diy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I'm a little apprehensive on setting up a CO2 system on my tank, simply because I've never tried it before.

Having watched a video on YouTube by these guys, http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/, and it doesn't look all that complicated. Unfortunately I don't have an external filter (i have a Fluval U4) and wonder what options I have.

I'm also struggling for space as can be seen from the photo, I'm thinking I could put the CO2 system on a shelf above and to the side of the tank as this would also help prevent any flow back.

What do people think of the link above, and would you recommend I try something different?

image-118084625.jpg

greetings.

i must say i'm surprised a site that wants to seem professional about co2 doesn't sell hoses designed for use with co2. (co2 hose ensures no gas escapes)

you don't have to place the co2 setup on the shelf, you can place it under the aquarium and use a non-return / contra / check valve - another thing this "professional" site doesn't sell..
such a valve means that the gas can travel to the method of diffussal, but water can't flow back the other way.

Back
Top Bottom