? Co2 generator ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willthare2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I thinking about making a co2 generator, my dad's a plumber so I was goin to try and make it higher pressure but I was wondering what metals are safe to use because I heard co2 and reactions with metals. ??

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I was thinking of making something stronger so I could make one stronge mix so I wouldn't have to keep making the mix. Wouldn't a stronge mix make it higher pressure so if it does then it would be easyer to apply to the tank wouldn't it ??

Wouldn't a stronge mix make it higher pressure so if it does then it would be easyer to apply to the tank wouldn't it ??

No. The stronger mixture will release more CO2, and therefore more CO2 will enter the tank. The pressure inside the reactor is the same no matter how strong your mixture is.

That, and anything amount of pressure that can't be contained by a plastic container is basically a bomb. 2L pop bottles can contain a deceptively high pressure if your DIY engineering is up to snuff.

Ok so is it possible to use a stainless steal tube with with a regulator and a pressure valve for safety would then surely you would be able to regulate the amount of co2 released. ??

So basically you're wanting to DIY a CO2 tank? For one, if you're going to buy a regulator, you might as well buy a tank for easy refills. Second, what you're describing sounds legally questionable without a hydrostatic test (ie, huge liability, code violation, etc).

I have a regulator because my dad's a plumber but yea you have a very good point I done no the laws about that here in the UK I'll just stick to bottles lol cheers

Back
Top Bottom