The system has been up and running now for about 3 days. Im sticking to this final layout which includes just one check valve between the diffusor and the buble canisters. The check valve that came with the diffusor is prety good I found it did not place too much resistance compared to the ones I originaly had on the system. I might order anotherone from aquarium guys and try out placing two of them on the canisters like I did when I first set up the system.
On saturday I emptied out the original canister and started two completely new ones, using one refill package provided by redsea and one provided by Nutrafin. I noticed a difference in both the amount of time it took before they started producing and the quantity they are currently producing.. First of all I used the "sugar" provided in the Red Sea refill in both canisters, and used half of the baking soda provided by nutrafin in each canister. Then I put the different yeast into their own containers and set up the system.
Within hours the One with the (RedSea) yeast was already producing CO2
bubles. The (Nutrafin) canister took a little longer but after about 12 hours both were producing a constant stream of bubles.
The Redsea canister produces about 12 bubles per minutes.
Nutrafin canister produces 6 bubles per minute.
Ill post udates on my CO2