Co2 mixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikezilla89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have my injection system made and ready to go, the only thing I'm wondering is what the best mixture of yeast/sugar/water is that will last me the longest before I have to make a new one and what steps I should take for preparation of the mixture.

I use around 1.5 teaspoon of yeast in 3 litre bottle and around 1-2 cups of sugar. Lasts around 3 weeks maybe longer but I do replace sooner than later. I add my sugar to the bottle fill halfway with warm water and give it all a shake depending on the yeast I then put my teaspoon or so in to a jug of warm water and leave for a few minutes add a teaspoon of sugar to the yeast solution give it a stir leave a further few minutes then add the yeast solution to the sugar bottle give it a shake and fill up to where the bottle starts to curve. I have two bottles then in to a dry sump ( empty bottle) which collects any yeast gunk which travels in the pipe then in to a bubble counter then in to the tank a good thing you could do is when you start to see your co2 start to decrease is start a new bottle or if you have enough tubing you could stagger your co2 bottles so the co2 remains sort of constant

Back
Top Bottom