Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Water flows in the top (the straight connector) and out the bottom. This maximizes the contact time that the CO2 has with the water.

Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol ok i am confused as to how u run everything. i realise that it is run with a powerhead but how is it all hooked up? i am kinda a noob to reactors.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:10 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

There are a few ways of doing it.

1. You have a submersible water pump
2. You have a non submersible water pump
3. You have a canister filter

1. you put the pump in the water, run a piece of tubing from the pump to the reactor. and then from the reactor back to the tank.
2. similar to #1 but you have to run a piece of tubing from the tank to the pump, then follow the rest of #1.
3. you cut the hose running back to the tank from the canister and place the reactor between that.

I recently made a spray bar for my whole setup. I'll actually take a picture tonight to show you how I made it.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:38 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

cool. i didnt realise this type of diffuser could be used for such a small tank. i think i may do this in my 20 gal to get better levels. i get really high leverls right now but could always be better lol. i just need to build one...
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to JRagg
I hope this isn't considered too much of a Gravedig, but I figured since everyone I've seen in here still posts and likely still peeks at this forum no one will get too upset with me about it.

Purrbox, I'm looking into making one of these for my 10g tank and I've got a couple of questions.

1) I notice that you have yours hooked to a powerhead, what size hose did you use, and where did you find the hose? (I have the smallest penguin powerhead model)

2) If I had the powerhead in the tank pumping out of the tank and through all of this, how would I work the return line? Meaning I would need some type of outlet/spraybar type thing to connect this to.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2006, 06:32 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a Penguin Powerhead, and I never found a way to attach a hose to it..., unless you get like a super thick one...
---
10 Gallon Hexagon
Hagen AquaClear 30, Visi-Therm Deluxe 50, DIY CF 20W 6500K CF, Hagen Natural CO2 System :: Bloodfin Tetra (1), Red-eye Tetra (3), Black Skirt Tetra (3), Harlequin Rasbora (6), Platy (1), Otocinclus Catfish (1) :: Rotala Indica, Hygrophila Difformis (Wisteria), Cabomba Carolinia
---
tropicalfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to JRagg
Oh well. I may just run the CO2 hose into the powerhead inlet and have a mist. Seems cheaper and easier.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:44 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ok Forgive me here.
What does the reactor do?
does it help the CO2 mix with water?
Farma
Old 11-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

thast exactly what it does. the co2 enters at the begginning of the unit and the water is flowing through it. the unit is filled with bioballs or some other material that casue the bubbles to break up and disperse through the water.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks Mr Funktastic.
I just have my DIY CO2 going into a bottel laying on it's side on the bottem of the tank.
Farma

Tags
co2, reactor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com