Coil Denitrator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhammer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was browsing around and came across some plans for a DIY coil denitrator. I could tell that by some of the posts people were against them. Aside from the regular salt water changes in my fish with reef tank, I'd like to keep mintrates as low as possible. If it really is as simple as some tubing and PVC, I am thinking about one but of course want input. If i take the output and feed it close to the skimmer, then the output water would be oxygenated right? What are the risks? Why don't more people use them? Just thought I would ask.

There are those, there are sulfur denitrators that can be DIY. You can use macro algae, mangroves, DSB and other things as well. Personally I have plans tucked away for a sulfur denitrator just as soon as I can find some motivation. Baseball ending, football and hockey starting. It's just all working against me.

If you're interested in reading about the sulfur denitrator, drop me a note

I am always interested in reading...

I have a DSB in my display, one in my sump with plenty of cheato and some other type of beneficial algea. Seems to do okay and at times, it can read 0ppm for nitrates. But, I have seen a jump up to 30ppm before. Any natural way I can use to benefit my aquarium I am always interested in.

Back
Top Bottom