Computer monitor tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a old computer monitor and i was wondering if there was a easy kinda cheap way that i could gut it and make it a functioning tank help/ideas pleasr?

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

That would be cool. No idea how to do it but it would be cool for sure.

Just disassemble, drop in a tank where the comp frame overlaps the aquarium frame, build the casing out...call it a day. People have done it, might try searching internetz of magical solutions :)

Innovator said:
Just disassemble, drop in a tank where the comp frame overlaps the aquarium frame, build the casing out...call it a day. People have done it, might try searching internetz of magical solutions :)

i kinda wanted to keep the bubble shape in front itd be a intresting view point and id definitely need a custom tank for this monitor its sucha odd shpe

thanks ima biig dreamer/visionary i get amazing concepts but thwy never work out or i just dont know what to dl

Be careful when taking it apart. Those types of monitors have big capacitors in them and will still hold a charge long after they have been unpluged from the wall. The discharge from them can cause some serious harm if you do something wrong (ie touch something with your screw driver).

I am an old IT tech and have personally seen people get knocked on their butts from the discharge. Depending on the size of the monitor it can even kill you.

Acrylic would likely be the best material IMHO to build the inside of the tank with as you can bend it with a heat gun etc to get custom shapes.

i heard il b wearin rubber gloves when i start doing anything but i need a tank plan ive seen people use glass vases but it looks bad and there air space that looks really bad

lol im 14 ima have my dad near by thanks for the concern my main issue is finding a tank to fit it i don't want to see any air likke you do on alot of em

I think this project might be a bit ambitious, and the payoff would not be worth the cost of a custom acrylic job, and the hours put in... the size of the tank would be small, and your stocking options very limited.

If you had to do something like this, why not find one of the old wood cabinet type television and convert it instead? It would be far easier, (easier to disassemble, easier to find a tank that might fit inside, and easier to stock a larger tank). Just a thought...

thanks fort i might scrap this fkr now im kinda tryin to convince my mom to let me get a snake

i have done this with an onld floor model tv the huge heavy buggers but you cant sperate the tube inside is has toxic gas inside you will have to put a aquarium inside the shell after you remove the tubeand make an acsess on the top i used a galv. piano hingeand mounted my light underneith it this was a heat lamp cause it was a water dragon tank but i can help you through it if you wanna try

ryan-peddle said:
i have done this with an onld floor model tv the huge heavy buggers but you cant sperate the tube inside is has toxic gas inside you will have to put a aquarium inside the shell after you remove the tubeand make an acsess on the top i used a galv. piano hingeand mounted my light underneith it this was a heat lamp cause it was a water dragon tank but i can help you through it if you wanna try

thanks imm gna try but in the future i got alot goin for my tank right now and savein for a nano reef

Back
Top Bottom