Considering dong this in a 5-6 hundred gal tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christmasfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
http://www.fishclub.freeservers.com/hamilton tank COAST format.html

I am seriously considering making a built in in my basement instead of buying two custom acrylics just buy one.
And if I do that for 200 gallons why not as big as the space I have earmarked for it? So I have an 8 foot space bacically but it is depth I am trying to control for cleaning ease (I dont need a dive tank...^_^)

Why not a dive tank? If I ever had the money to build my "dream house" you wouldn't believe the things you'd see in there. I would have a huge tank that I could hop in and swim around with some of the fish... I need to stop thinking about it as it is highly unlikely but I can't help myself... But yeah, you might as well build what you have room for...

I've seen a few web sites like that one. They make it look easy don't they? 8O My biggest concern on those is that I know cement ages and as it ages it weakens and can crack. A crack in 1000+ gallon tank means one HECKUVA mess. Depth is tough to control, and as millipede said... why not make sumtin you can dive in? One of the web sites I saw a long while ago I guy had done exactly that. The tank was about 8 feet deep and he said the only way he could really clean it was to dive in with a scrubby and get to work... 8O

Hmm, I will run that by my hubby..he likes diving..I can get him to clean? ^_^

the space is about 8x 4x 8 that can be spared for a tank like that. Concrete for me would have to be supported with rebar or a beam for my taste. And I have to run it through a few tests about how I arrange the glass. Glass is very strong ad long as there is no uneven stress points.
I looked into it and the materials will run about 2k. Could always put a kids 4 ft deep pool down there.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom