continuous breeding tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey,

I'm going to be building a continuous breeding tank for nano fish, I plan to build several of these.

I'll post some pictures of my plans tomorrow, but basically there will be one area for the parents, and the fry will be drawn by the current into their own area, filtration will be filter passed through a sponge wall.

the tanks will range from 10 G to 20G but the design will remain the same

some likely inhabitant include

CPO
barbus (several specie)
small killies
and more

pics of design will be up tomorrow!

hey,

I'm going to be building a continuous breeding tank for nano fish, I plan to build several of these.

I'll post some pictures of my plans tomorrow, but basically there will be one area for the parents, and the fry will be drawn by the current into their own area, filtration will be filter passed through a sponge wall.

the tanks will range from 10 G to 20G but the design will remain the same

some likely inhabitant include

CPO
barbus (several specie)
small killies
and more

pics of design will be up tomorrow!

Ive seen this concept in an aquarium magazine and the author used it very successfully with barbs, killies, livebearers, and certain tetras. Cant wait to see how you set it up!(y)

Ive seen this concept in an aquarium magazine and the author used it very successfully with barbs, killies, livebearers, and certain tetras. Cant wait to see how you set it up!(y)

I think me and you are subscribed to the same magazine ;)
pics will be up today!
the livestock will be here on the 21st via big auction.

here it is, the only difference is that I'm going to be doing a flat perforated piece of PVC, and the airlift provides the movement to pull the eggs through the pvc into their own area. I'll post pics of the actual tank and a step by step process sometime this week.

thats a 10 gallon but you could do the same thing with any sized tank. I plan on making it a 20L so the fry have more room.

Mr. fisher, do you plan on coming to the auction?

Attachments

• amaonas .jpg
    amaonas .jpg
    103 KB · Views: 213
here it is, the only difference is that I'm going to be doing a flat perforated piece of PVC, and the airlift provides the movement to pull the eggs through the pvc into their own area. I'll post pics of the actual tank and a step by step process sometime this week.

thats a 10 gallon but you could do the same thing with any sized tank. I plan on making it a 20L so the fry have more room.

That is the exact magazine i was talking about! I love amazonas! Awesome articles and helpful advice and ideas! are you going to have a glass cutter fabricate it for you?

I will be going ahead with foot surgery next monday :(

I plan on following your build of this and constructing a few myself. Come He** or high water I will be making it to the next auction.

I will be going ahead with foot surgery next monday :(

I plan on following your build of this and constructing a few myself. Come He** or high water I will be making it to the next auction.

aww that sucks man. I'll pm you with a link to the next auction ;)

hoping to breed the following in these tanks
CPD
barbus jae
neon tetras
hemigrammocharax uniocellatus

wanted to let everyone know that I'm not stopping this idea, Im just getting ready for fall break, and the auction. I wont leave you hanging.

I did get the glass today, and now I need to cut it ;)

This was finished a long time ago lol,
Totally forgot about this thread lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely! Its taking me forever, but I too am planning on building some of these for my fish room. Love to see your results so far.

that would be awesome in a long tank for rainbow fish. looking on craigslist for a 75gallon tank now. The wife is gonna be sooo pissed

Back
Top Bottom