Convert emperor 400 into refugium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Literally have no room for a separate refugium for my 75g tank, so I'm planning on converting my emperor 400 filter into a HOB refugium.

I plan on putting a few mangroves, and chaeto algae as well as some sand.

How many mangroves should I put? I already found one and I was think 5-10. It has 2 sides, so should I make one side mangroves, and one chaeto? Also should I keep the bio-wheels?

What's a good light for it? Can I use one of those silver reptile lamps that they sell at pet supermarket and those places? What type of bulbs?

Please reply, I need help with this lol

I have a emporer fuge on my tank . Half live rock half cheato algae and I run a home depot swirly 6500k bulb in a clamp lamp for it . It works pretty good

Well I can't say it wasn't me removing the pads that lowered it or the fuge itself. It's keeping my fowlr tank at ten ppm . The only thing I noticed when I put the cheato the emporer my skimmer slowed down a bit but I don't know if that means anything either.do I think it helps yes I do but I can't give you a answer with complete evidence.

Back
Top Bottom