Converting a Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys, i bought a wrong size bulb for my 10 gallon tank and the refund would cost alot fo ship it back. I'm wondering if it is possible to change my 10 gallon hood to fit a 13" bulb by drawing the conductors closer to each other... thanks guys

thanks for replying! the original is a 18" bulb, a typical 10 gallon bulb. I'm not sure how much watts is there. The new one is a 15" bulb which has 15 watts. How can i save this?

Honestly I feel it would cost more to try to modify your hood than it would cost to get a new bulb of the correct lenght.

I believe she is just wanting to move the end caps in. If the bulb fits and the wattages match I dont see a problem. It should be completely free then.

yea i just want to move the end caps, is that possible tho? shipping back the bulb costs about $5 and reshipping costs about $6... and the bulb is $15. If so, how can i do it correctly...? thanks for the suggestion tho fishgeek, tat was my first plan until i saw my budget. Btw i'm a he

Back
Top Bottom