Converting a Monitor into an Aquarium....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CountZero

Aquarium Advice Activist
In October 2003 issue of Aquarium Fish Magazine there is an article about converting a monitor into a fish tank. Well, it just so happens that I have two old 15" monitors I'm not using. And I could use a tank for raising feeders...(this is just me busily justifying ruining a functional monitor :roll: )It did not look too terribly complicated and I am going to give it a try. Anyone else tried it yet? What do you think of the idea? Let me know if you want any information on it.
Zero

I have not done monitors but I have done old console TV sets. One thing to note. messing around within the monitor case is very dangerious as there are some very powerful capacitors that can store energy for a very long time after being unpluged.

Make sure you know what a capactor looks like and make sure you dont touch them when removing the guts of the monitor. I dont know how much AFM went into making the above point clear that the capactors are very dangerious.

I think its a fine idea. Kind of like the old Macaquarium's people made with the old Apple Macintosh computers when they where all in one units.

Back
Top Bottom