Creating your own background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuzySparkles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
You can take any large image on a flash drive to Office Max (or a similar store) and have them blow it up to the size of your tank. We then had them laminate it and voila! A custom background! This is a photo we found online of Lambeau field. I am new here so I don't know if this is an awesome idea to you guys or if it has been discussed before but I thought I'd share.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421695090967.jpg
    1421695090967.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 295
nice theme tank!! I like natural looking tanks, but that looks cool.

Thanks! The theme was mostly my husband's idea lol...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried to make my own background for my QT tank buy piling up rocks in the back (it worked out pretty well), i'll try to post pics tommorow (tank will have knife fish then).

I actually got sick of not having a background and I couldn't find any that I liked at the stores. Didn't even have plain black. So I was going through our cupboard for black cloth to hang behind and I found a black apron. Actually works and fits perfectly ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422829050.394093.jpg

I got my sister to paint a blue gradient background for my new 65g. It looks very nice. It was on a large role of paper. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422832709.028238.jpg

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

I'm glad I'm not the only one here. I went to walmart and bought black poster board and used it for my back ground.
I love the idea of finding a pic and having it blown up and laminated. Love the idea!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424225360.093223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I liked painting directly on the glass with cheap acrylic craft paint. Take a few colors, dab them randomly, run a brush back and forth ...

You can also have the print shops print something on static cling or vinyl that adheres. And you'll usually get a clear photo if you have 150 pixels per inch. (So, 30 inch tank your photo should be 4500 pixels wide).

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom