Custom 3d-backgrounds!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know any idea on what to make cracks and Ledges as Rock stuff

So heres my next step i have to shape/mold the whole thing into like a life-like rock formation and wondering if anyone have good opinions on how to do it just wondering ??? your input would be greatly appreciated!!!

I know its going to be but worth it in the end !!!!!!!!

Italy592 said:
I know its going to be but worth it in the end !!!!!!!!

Worth it when its finished...

I have a very promising project that hasn't seen its end. LOL! But mine has to be COMPLETELY sealed because I used unsafe materials. Had I used silicone I might have stopped worrying about water going inside my pieces. I also used some iron weights to hold it down.

I'm not accepting defeat but its been frustrating.

A good product to coat it with is sikatop, I myself have used it on a background as have other members here. It's completely safe and won't leach into the water once it's cured (48 hours) it is a polymerized concrete so is applied the same as concrete and tintable. Another thing to keep in mind is the concrete will make your background larger so make sure it's cut smaller than the area you want it by about 1/4-1/2 inch. Also the concrete won't stick to silicone so be sure to wipe excess off. A personal suggestion is to assemble it in chunks, as apposed to one solid piece. This will make the install easier. The little house/caves as one piece the base done as two seperate pieces and so on. This will also allow you to cover up the styro better then silicone the pieces together as you install them.

here its is gonna put the silicone on today in chunks !!!

OK GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS ASAP!!!!

I finally silicone the entire thing together and it tightly together !!! My Dilemma is that i am stuck with a confusion !!! Do i us Concrete or an Epoxy paint or do i use Concrete than a Epoxy Paint when do i cured after each step??? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Is done now I drylok it tomorrow !! Opinions please people !!

Yeah I can't wait and it won't get silicones to the back of my tank so I can always take it out !!!!! What is ur opinion on the look tho ?? Jw

Back
Top Bottom