Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Custom Backgrounds

I just saw a video on youtube where a guy made an aquarium background using pink strrofoam covered with quickcrete concrete. It looked interesting but I was concerened about 2 things. First the slats contained in the concrete. and second the chance that the concrete will crack being so thin. Has anyone tried this? Does it really work? And what about adding concrete coloring to the mix?

Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ive seen it but not with concrete, you use the syrofoam sheets the pink or blue and GREAT STUFF to make the rock formations. Id be wary of concrete because of what it is, I mean its OK to use once its cured and scrubbed, its just water sand and gravel pretty much no real harsh chemicals in it.

I am game for trying it but my tank is established now and found the idea afterwards, I would try it , the concrete wont break off if its not hit hard or dropped.

Tags
background, custom

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com