Custom Built 95 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey

Hey man ,i would pay for some extra scrap u happen to come across its just so expensive in stores

Hey man ,i would pay for some extra scrap u happen to come across its just so expensive in stores

Skinned

Well, I finally got around to almost skinning the stand. Still need to do the front, as well as trim it all in. Sorry for such long delays between post updates, working on a masters thesis while taking care of a 2 year old and general life items, does not leave me much time to work on one of many projects that I have.

hosting images

Quick update and question

So I picked up a Iwaki MD-70RLT pump for the tank. I have decided to stick with freshwater planted tanked. With that being said, I am going to use a canister filter setup. I orginally thought about using the Lifegard, Nu-Clear or Ocean Clear canisters to build my filtration. However, I had a new idea. Has anyone used any of those 10" or 20" whole house filters? Or modified them for a canister setup? I picked up a 20" tall 4.5" wide with 1.5 in and out canister for 30 dollars. I have not decided if I will go ahead and try one of the filters for it, or make something myself. Here are a few ideas:
1. Utilize a premade filter, they seem to come in sizes from 5 microns up to 100 microns. Maybe more but that is what I found with a quick search....
2. They sell "empty filters" where you can apparently fill them with media... not sure how they work but seems like a good viable option, especially for chemical filitration purposes in the beginning.
3. The opening from the inlet appears like I could add a standpipe to it and fill the canister with my own layers of media and/or fill it with biological balls.

Anyone have any ideas?
I'll take some photos of this whole house filter unit... for the price and some easy modification or even using the whole house filters seems to be a much cheaper option compared to a lot of the other options out there... at least when comparing higher end filtration options.

Back
Top Bottom