Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-11-2005, 06:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
btw.. you could add a 2- F32T8 (or a 2-F40T12 if you have 1.5" NO bulbs) ballast and power up the NO 03 bulbs with it and give each of your SHO's dual leads off the WH5 and be up to full output..

Old 12-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well I plan on having 2 of those ballasts. One to run the SHO lights and one for the NO 03's. So the 12000k bulbs are on the blue side huh? Im guessing from what i have read that 9325k bulbs would be more white? I found them for 14 bucks each so not a bad deal.

Im working on the paint right now. I already have the entire canopy sealed with a good coat of Killz. Now going for the gloss white interior and a satin black exterior. Also fabricated my swithes and mounting plate for the SHO's, NO's and the LED moonlights and it turned out pretty good. Will update with some pics after painting is finished. Thanks for all the input

Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #13

OK, here are some updated pics. The moonlights havent been installed yet, i just ordered 100 5000mcd 5mm leds for 11 bucks and should be here this week. Also there is a thin rubber gasket that is going to be mounted between the lid and the canopy itself to seal it off. Got 2 new Actinic O3' NO coming but the ballasts are working great, those PC lights are really alot brighter than they were in the old fixture!! Well here they are, hope you like em!

Old 01-14-2006, 10:50 PM   #14

Quick update....
Just installed a 110V 105CFM 120mm fan inside the canopy to help bring temps down and get some airflow. Makes a bit of noise but too bad and the position it is mounted in inside the canopy gives my tanks water surface a good swirl and keeps every inch of the surface moving. Will post some pics of it when i get the moonlights installed

Tags
canopy, custom, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com