Custom work putting my 75 gallon in the wall.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Sheetrock reinforce with 2x4 on the other side.

image-2583890143.jpg

image-2878939427.jpg

image-1628217480.jpg

image-173903425.jpg

image-19888865.jpg

Finally all done now I get to enjoy the fruits of my labor!!

That is Rad. I would love to have an in the wall tank. Im thinking if I was to do it I would do a 125 gallon. Man that is awesome. Nice work.

Zapero said:
That is Rad. I would love to have an in the wall tank. Im thinking if I was to do it I would do a 125 gallon. Man that is awesome. Nice work.

Thanks! I was going to put a 125 gallon too but I happen to get this tank free so I said what the **** lol.

I have a 3D background that you use that special gel to attach. Pain in the butt. It looked great at first but then, as months went by, air bubbles appeared and it's detaching from the back. Not worth it, in my case anyway.

LyndaB said:
I have a 3D background that you use that special gel to attach. Pain in the butt. It looked great at first but then, as months went by, air bubbles appeared and it's detaching from the back. Not worth it, in my case anyway.

Thanks for the info I won't waste my time then!

That's just one person's experience. I've heard that some apply the backing with vaseline and it works well. Pick your poison. :brows:

LyndaB said:
That's just one person's experience. I've heard that some apply the backing with vaseline and it works well. Pick your poison. :brows:

Kool 

Looks very good! Looking forward to doing my in-wall 75g set up now even more!

One thing I would recommend, which I am going to do on my tank, would be to add a "frame" around the opening. In my opinion it makes it look a lot cleaner and prevents the light from bleeding out around the edges.

Here's an example I found on the web:
inwallfishtank2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom