Cutting out a plastic part of the top rim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowRider

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I cut out the top divider on my 75 gallon tank will that compromise the integrity of the tank when filled?
Just a thought as I don't want a shadow area if I buy a Finexx lightImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403879683.203761.jpg 48"

Not sure about the integrity changing by cutting it. Perhaps the primary purpose of the center bar is to support two 24" hoods.
The output of the LEDs on the Finnex fixture have some spread so the area under the bar won't be completely shadowed. Assuming you don't have the Finnex fixture yet, if you can hold a 48" shop light over the tank in a darkened room, then you can see the shadowing effects of the center bar.

the center brace is there to prevent the glass from bowing out when tank is full !
I have the center brace in both my 37g and 90g and I don't get a shadow
img_2979173_0_d8acc135978cfa11e38a59f41fa18b50.jpg

but I do get a shadow from all the windows and from lights in living room and also the tv

I have the original fluorescent 48" fixture and I can't really see it.
Going to purchase a Finnex soon. Probably today.
Don't really know if I should buy the regular Ray 2 original 7000K or the FugeRay planted.
Was looking @ Fluval but that's way over my budget.
Already bought the 7 bags of eco-complete.
Now after I get the lights I want a Coralife turbo twist UV light and some nice wood for the tank.

resealing 75 gal

hi first time user, long term stalker to the site. Thanks for all of the info you guys put on. Was curious if when resealing the tank if it is totally necessary to remove the top frame/trim. there is a good lip to seal all around and totally seal. It is a 75 gallon used tank not sure how old.

Back
Top Bottom