digital tester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoVic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone use one of them digital water testers like the ones sold on eBay ? Just wandering how reliable they are, plus are they better then the more conventional testers....

Well i had something more like those ones in mind.
both are for the Aquarium

This one ( Which I'd prefer) or ......

$(KGrHqYOKiIE31QRwu4mBOGrYyfdF!~~_12.jpg

This one .....

$(KGrHqZ,!n4E-vFRlNSWBPtGFyHfdg~~60_3.jpg

I use to own the one in the first picture, works great. You have to place it somewhere where not exposed to light so algae will not grow on it, also need to clean it occasionally and calibrate it once in a while.

I have what looks like the second one. It came with two solutions to calibrate it, and a screw to adjust the pH up or down to match the calibration fluid. It's very easy to use.. just turn it on, dip it on the water, read, turn off. I've had it about a year now.

It's the only digital tester I have.. I would like to get some more.

I've had the wireless pin point thermometer and with 2 probes and IMO is was junk I had one in my saltwater tank and one in my freshwater and the temp was always way way off, I would always re set it and it beer worked right. I bought the 12 dollar digital non wireless one from the LFS and it works 10x's better. The PinPoint is now a paperweight.

Over rated IMO again this is just my experience with the one unit.

Back
Top Bottom