DIY 10G divider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, a hole punch could to water flow...aquarium safe, probably...floating, put baked polymer clay on the bottom of it! How's that sound? I know the clay is aquarium safe ^^

Alyxx said:
Use some plastic mesh for cross stitching. It's like $1 for a huge sheet, cut it to size then put a report cover thing on the sides to help brace it and bury the bottom in the gravel. (I'm talking about the little plastic sleeves that hold the sheets and the cover together). Use two sheets cut so that the squares overlap to get smaller openings. So that the corners of the squares of one sheet are in the middle of the squares on the other. Put the plastic thing over both sheets together. Bury the bottom in the gravel and make sure the sides are braced well on the walls of the tank.

That's exactly what I posted a link to. :/

Oh okay then scossors to make slots, if not then I'll stick with that cross stitching thing ^^

alia258 said:
Um perhaps a tank divider that costs less, it'd be nice to be able to put it dead center, but I only have a 10g...sigh. Is there a DIY version using things found at home? I wanted to maybe try a clear shower curtain with little holes cut for water circulation, but I'll have to wait untill my anacharis takes root first...but if I can't find shower curtain, any other bright ideas?

use a very fine mesh mate, see my post above. it's cheap and will circulate water and can be fine enough so that fry won't swim through. I think 3 others posted something similar too

I think I might use that stitching stuff and put pantyhose on it to keep the fry in good circulation and keeping them from the other fish! Sound good? ^^

alia258 said:
I think I might use that stitching stuff and put pantyhose on it to keep the fry in good circulation and keeping them from the other fish! Sound good? ^^

Good idea! Never thought about adding pantyhose!

I was reading that layers of pantyhose over a filter can keep the guppies from being sucked up yesterday, and today I was thinking about that when I was reading the update on this thread, ideas were sparked! I think I might use two or three layers of them on the divider, instead of doubling it up ^^ and then the foam on the sides to keep it from moving! (if it's safe) ^^

make the panty hose a sexy colour and it sounds good to me. you want your fish (casing) to be sexy remember. most important component!

Haha, sexy pantyhose! Maybe a striped purple and orange? ^^

themox said:
make the panty hose a sexy colour and it sounds good to me. you want your fish (casing) to be sexy remember. most important component!

But remember, fishnet pantyhose will be ineffective and might scare the fish! :ROFLMAO: I would try to match the dark blue gravel.

Haha scary fish nets..or worse...butterfly nets!!! ROTFL! If you didn't get that then you didn't watch TV as a child, haha ^^

Back
Top Bottom