Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Thats nice! I can already see a lot of potential in the set up. I can't wait to see it finished!

What do you plan on using for the terrain?

Old 10-20-2004, 11:23 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks Billy! It was alot of fun getting the water flowing and so far, so good on that part. I quess the next step will be finishing the backdrop with the granite. There may possibly be another feature of some kind as there is lots of room in the tank left. I'm up for entertaining any ideas.

The terrain I'm still uncertain on, I have a few ideas but need to read more on planting, lighting, etc. The Garf site says not to be surprised if one re-designs something several times before being satisfied I tore out the first attempt on the waterfalls, it must hold true.

The waterfall droping from the pool at the base of the falls will flow as a stream and snake it's way to the end of the tank where there will be about 8 - 10" of water around both sides of the glass for viewing. I'll use the granite for the construction of the stream and pond walls, it is hard to piece together but makes for a more natural appearance vs. acrylic IMO.

The rest of the design is wide open at this point. There are some great pictures of different designs of paludariums/vivariums on the internet. It seems the Europeans are really into this type of setup.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

So how is this coming along?

Tags
build, build up, diy, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com