sumphead its just normal styorofoam nothing special.
I finaly got a chance to do some more carving today. I got a rough shape of the face and cut it into blocks so I can even out the backs. Then I will use silicone to glue them to the front of the main piece. You can see by looking at it that its a litte smaller than what I originaly intended but thats the way things worked out with the foam I was using. I will change the main piece the take the smaller face when I finish it up in the next few day.
I also noticed today that in my brilliant planning I have put the large return area behind the head almost directly under the center brace of the tank:/ But it should work out ok I think with enough room for the return hoses and I can move the biowheel over and squeze it behind the thin part of the background. I am just glad I cought it now before I put the concrete on it.
Also today I got a piece of plywood cut to go under the tank so I can shim between to pieces of wood and not between carpet and wood. I will round and paint this piece of plywood the same color as the stand so I hope it will not look to bad. Also today I picked up some simple antique porcelain
knobs for the doors of the stand I think they will go good with the antique type finish its going to end up with.
This is the stand from the back where you can see what I cheap stand it was to start with and some of the many pieces I added and replaced. I also added some nice looking molding on the front.
This is of course the front after being painted.