OK well I had some moving I had to do today so I took the day off from working on the background and decided to post a group of the latest photos.
This first image is of Donnies tank after being up about a year and having a nice covering of algea. It looks really great now.
This image is of the side of the background that I am finished carving on. Also this image was taken before I cut it off of the main block and made the passages down to the inlet for the canister filter.
This is a picture of the end piece fitted into the tank.
This is an image of some of the "Non-aquarium" plants I got today to round out what I need for the tank. Between the ones I have and these I will have a nice green tank with lots of interest besides the background. Thats about a 3' by 3' area they cover. I went ahead and picked them up so I could start soaking and cleaning them.
This is an image of the space for the inlet for one of the canister filters (the other inlet will be on the other in with the returns coming out behind the face.
A view of the front look closely and you can see the light coming thrue the inlet tunels going to the canister filter inlet, also on the bottom left you can just see the grate I am using.
This next image shows me starting on the face and gives a good idea of the process I am using to make a rough background to mold the cement on.
This is the latest progress on the face before I stoped last night.
more to come....