DIY 3D Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I hit a snag

My original idea had the image to conceal the filter intake tube but being I can't make the dual PVC intake work my design is left
With what to do with the intake tube it self

If I make a hole to expose the tube it ruins what I have made it out to be if I make a hole on the side in witch was my first thought of I could expose the risk of sucking up fry but....

then again if I cut out fish net from an old fish scooper I don't use and glue,silicone or epoxy it u guys think it will be safe to keep in there will the net rot??

Ok the pic came out crooked but
Y'all can see the progress I have made

Attachments

• image-980218126.jpg
    image-980218126.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 203
Thanks its going to take me a bit more cause I came with a problem with the intake

Not sure if I can use fish net as a pre filter

Ok on the corner top ur going to see a pink open area I was thinking of making a deep hole to put fish net that will be held together with great stuff

Now I might do more but seeing I cemented the whole thing might be hard to do now

Ok I went out looking for "great stuff" and I couldn't find it

I didn't want to go to home depot cause it's a bit far and a waste of money for one item

So I went to the local hardware and found this

Now they say it's better then great stuff cause it has no chemicals in it all bio safe

Let me know what you guys think and if this is a good item to use other then great stuff

Attachments

• image-1497705013.jpg
    image-1497705013.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 141
Ok as you can see this is the back where the intake will be

The air tubes will will come down from all this will be cemented and epoxy

The front is the intake hole

Can you guys show me a pic
Of what I néed to put there ?

So that's what I got

Attachments

• image-2289353194.jpg
    image-2289353194.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2687192630.jpg
    image-2687192630.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image-3186084840.jpg
    image-3186084840.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 132
AquaCheatah said:
Ok I went out looking for "great stuff" and I couldn't find it

I didn't want to go to home depot cause it's a bit far and a waste of money for one item

So I went to the local hardware and found this

Now they say it's better then great stuff cause it has no chemicals in it all bio safe

Let me know what you guys think and if this is a good item to use other then great stuff

So I look at their website the stuff you got is the same as greatstuff. The Touch ‘n Foam LandScape is fish and pond safe. I think I may pick some landscape on payday.

Pizentios said:
the net would probably work. I personally use a triangle of filter foam over the end of my intake.
Can you show me a pic of what your taking about plz

I am so upset right now

It seems this project was a fail from the start and out of sheer of bad luck I know this is so true

Today I go to check on the progress of my BG only to find out my materials and tools
Got thrown out

The storage where it's being kept in
I guess went thru a monthly cleaning
And me not knowing was a dumb one
And kept it outside

Now I am not sure if I can tell the porters to look into this but this is pretty upsetting

The cement is cured on my BG
But without the tools and materials
I can't continue

Sorry guys

i know

everything gone

i was told that yesterday the "bargold team"
the ppl who own the storage came by and cleaned
the area out

i have to give that company a call today and see whats up

yea i dont know really what happen but my cousin is pissed off at me

i told her that a pack of magnets that i took was also in the bunch of stuff that got thrown out

not to mention some tools that are pricey but oh well i dont know

so the thing is they came in threw away the bag of extra foam i had 8 pieces
and also in there was a bag of foam shavings inside that bag had another bag witch had tools the acrylic paint the "great stuff alt foam" the epoxy my mini torch

in the box had the cement butane an ehiem replacement nozzle for the intake
all glass aquarium silicone and brush

man i was so upset that they acted like huh ummm oh snap

cause my building knows me for yrs
and they hardly mess with me but this drew the line for me

And if y'all is wondering why would she be mad at losing magnets well idk if y'all ever seen these type if magnets

These things are "bad" *** well a pack of 20 magnets just became trash

She tells me to go rummage thru the bags of trash they have there maybe I may be able to find it what do yall think >?

Attachments

• image-3589656310.jpg
    image-3589656310.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom