diy 75 gallon stand cost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueramboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
just curious but does anyone know how much it would cost to build an aquarium stand for a 75 gallon tank? thanks

Depends, do you just want a sturdy 2x4 frame or a furniture grade stand?

well i guess a simple furniture grade stand with cabinet doors and maybe a few shelves. I'm just not sure about the cost of amount of wood oh and thanks for replying

When getting into furniture style stands the price can jump drastically by small things like type of plywood being used and trim as well. Height of the stand will also play a factor too since it may mean and extra sheet or 2 needed to get the necessary cuts. For the most basic "box" with doors and shelves you'll be looking at around $150 in material roughly. A simple 2x4 frame with plywood top and bottom shelf can look very clean and be built for closer to $80

Also, I would like to point out you could do just a basic 2x4 stand which after being painted looks pretty nice for about $40

it would probably be around 30 inches in height but i would kinda like it to be closed to hide supplies and filter

Have you tried watching your local Craigslist for stands? I've nabbed some great buys off there, so you might want to watch for a deal cheaper than what you can build it for.

ya i have looked but have never really seen anything in great condition.
So does anyone else have an estimate on a basic cabinet stand?

I used this as my template:

DIY Stands Template and Calculator - Reef Central Online Community

As far as pricing goes:

Not sure exactly how many 2"x4"x8' I used but lets say 10 (way more than I used)..

2x4x8' x 10 = $2.76ea $27.60 total

1 sheet of wainscot = ~$20, you could use 1/4" birch to wrap for even cheaper

1 - 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" plywood - $30

Misc Trim (baseboard and casing (top)) - $15

So right around $100, plus or minus. I had screws, stain and poly laying around from another job.

Here's a few pics:

fiQlz.jpg

wSkCY.jpg

I have since put a curtain up across the front to hide the equipment under it.

Built mine from free scrap wood. , paint most expensive 8 bucks!

image-2812220438.jpg

image-2279568182.jpg

Not really once you get going. The plans I used (tweaked height a bit) were nice because they had the cut list laid out for you based on your tank. I think it has evolved over the years and now has a calculator.

Miter saw, circular saw, two drills (one with drill bit and one with a bit to match your hardware), pound or two of screws, and a pile of lumber is all you need. ;)

Looks so good putting that nice finish board on there makes me wana redo my halfa## job

Back
Top Bottom