DIY 75g Build: Background, Stand, ect.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't done much yet today, resealed the tank and managed to get silicone all over my fingers which doesn't come off very well in water (duh lol) so now its all over my phone I'll post more updated pics later when I pick up the paintbrush again

well now i know im not doing a 3d background on my thread! lol im also artistically challenged >D yours will make mine look like a joke! haha

butterfly_koi said:
It wouldn't be a joke lol it would be unique because it would be made by you! :)

Haha it would DEFINITELY be unique! A unique piece of garbage! Lol. But thank you anyways. I guess ill give it a shot but maybe I'll just have to refer my thread to your thread when it comes down to the 3D build if they want to see an awesome one.

jkdubs2 said:
Haha it would DEFINITELY be unique! A unique piece of garbage! Lol. But thank you anyways. I guess ill give it a shot but maybe I'll just have to refer my thread to your thread when it comes down to the 3D build if they want to see an awesome one.

lol well thank you! Its really not hard to make at all just time consuming.

butterfly_koi said:
lol well thank you! Its really not hard to make at all just time consuming.

No problem. And I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'm following your thread for sure. good luck with the rest of your build.

It's looking good. Are you going to fit your filter in behind it or just put it in front of it?

Behind will take up a lot of aquarium space so i think in front

Regz8000 said:

I had thought this as well, since this is my first ever build I'm kinda learning as I go as well as trying to go the cheapest I can so far on this whole project including the 75 gallon I've only spent $43 so I'm pretty happy about it all so far.

Regz8000 said:

It wouldn't take up much room if u carved a notch out of the foam and made a slight hole for it to suck water through. Just a thought?

Well that will be good then. As long as its going to be the way you want it then no worries!

smileyface9 said:
Or you could put the filter on the side of the tank? If there's room.

Well after finding a great diy site I found a project for under substrate jets that connect to the filter. I think I'm going to attempt this project st some point I think the filter has to be on the back of the tank

Back
Top Bottom