Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdubs2
You may be able to get away with just the reseal on the inside. Just clean off the silicone really well.
Just to be safe i'm going to reseal that outside and inside of the right side of the tank, it has a major leak as in there is no silicone in between the glass on that side. I had no clue it was that bad. Good thing I did a water test outside in the yard!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_koi

Just to be safe i'm going to reseal that outside and inside of the right side of the tank, it has a major leak as in there is no silicone in between the glass on that side. I had no clue it was that bad. Good thing I did a water test outside in the yard!
Yes I learned that the hard way lol

Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

So here's an update, I've done nothing with the tank lol
Guess that's not much of an update. Today I drew a few doodles of what I might want my aquarium stand to look like but these are subject to change
Forgive me, my artistic ability is not what it once was

Attachment 104119
I'm looking to build a four door two drawer stand with an added shelf inside.

Attachment 104120
This is my side doodle, i'm planning on adding glass blocks that will have lights installed inside just as a little added touch.

I might just not do this one at all lol I've also have been thinking of just having a two door without the drawers on top but behind the door on the left, that way I could have three drawers that were not visible and the door on the right would have the shelf. Any of this making any sense?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nope I got lost around three doors one shelf. Lol. So did u have any progress on the stand yet?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdubs2
Nope I got lost around three doors one shelf. Lol. So did u have any progress on the stand yet?
Nope, there's a little debate going on right now between the husband and I. He wants to build it from scratch, I want to build it from counter cabinets.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Freak

i would say start from cabinets. this way you have all the nice trim. if you make it from scratch, unless your a carpenter, it will be hard to get all the fine detail. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but sometimes it's easier not to reinvent the wheel.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Freak

Go the cheap route from scratch so you can make it custom...i did mine came out great and im no carpenter...
Old 07-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billberet
i would say start from cabinets. this way you have all the nice trim. if you make it from scratch, unless your a carpenter, it will be hard to get all the fine detail. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but sometimes it's easier not to reinvent the wheel.
It wouldn't be hard to build one from scratch, we are both wood workers, but I think it would be more cost effective to start with the cabinets
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Freak

Go for it mine cost me $150.00 to build but the reason was over kill stand ans canopy with leds above and below fancy trim moldings and lots of poly clear to get a glass like shine so its water proof...i made mine out of 4x4s &2x6...didnt need to but its solid....
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I say scratch only because it was really fun to build mine. But I think cabinets would be cool to see too!

Tags
75g, background, build, diy, stand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com