DIY 90gal stand w/ 55gal sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. I'm about to pick up a 90 gal tank tomorrow. It's $20... How can I pass that up?

So I'm wondering... Can I build a stand that I would be able to use my 55 gal tank under as a sump for a saltwater system? I have no idea where to start.

Is the 90g a 4 footer also. You could build a stand like your wanting but its gonna be funny looking if they are the same lenth cause you stand will be longer than your tank. You could prob make it work. So did you find a new top trim?

Duh, nevermind. I forgot you already told me the dimensions lol

aaronjohn20 said:
Is the 90g a 4 footer also. You could build a stand like your wanting but its gonna be funny looking if they are the same lenth cause you stand will be longer than your tank. You could prob make it work. So did you find a new top trim?

Duh, nevermind. I forgot you already told me the dimensions lol

Yeah... I didn't find top trim yet. And the 55 I already have is also a 4' tank. I could possibly make this work:

http://golden-library.com/pet-suppl.../bookshelf-aquarium-stand-canopy-plans-detail

I would LOVE this in my house!

Ohhhh your hear in the states. Just google 90 gallon aquarium trim. I just seen one for $13.99 on cichlidbreeding.com, or check out glasscages.com. my lfs can order them also so check there too

aaronjohn20 said:
Ohhhh your hear in the states. Just google 90 gallon aquarium trim. I just seen one for $13.99 on cichlidbreeding.com, or check out glasscages.com. my lfs can order them also so check there too

Ok! What do you think about that stand? Quite impressive, eh? I hope I can build something like that.

I have a 90g tank with a 55g sump. I have a build thread on the stand I made myself and I'll post up a link. If I were to do it over I think I would make it so I can pull my sump out from one of the ends because right now I have to remove two support posts (in the front) to take it out.... which I've had to do once to re-make the sump. I am far from a carpenter so it is what it is.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/new-tank-stand-153924.html

Back
Top Bottom