DIY All-In-One Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I've been looking at all-in-one tanks, and they are super expensive. I know it's expensive to build your own, but I think it would be cool to design my own. I want to make something with about 8 gallons. It's going to be a saltwater nano reef. I want to do something with hidden components. I've heard that I don't really needs filtration system or a sump, and that all I would really need is a power head and thermometer and hydrometer. Is that correct?

What kind of design could I do to hide behind the cube section? What would I have to do, just drill a hole for the water to get in an a place to stick the power head out? And vents to Lear the heated water back in?

No hydrometer for a reef. Refractometers are a lot more accurate. And you could get black acrylic and drill some holes and make a powerhead opening and a couple holes for the heater. The powerhead would circulate water over the heater.

Back
Top Bottom