ok...i know that the drift wood looks kinda wierd in there, but i had a brain fart and siliconed it in there before i did the cement...decided to peal it out and things are going easier. these pics are just the first and second layer. I will be putting 2 more coats on and when i'm done you won't be able to see any of the pink stuff.
for the mix i just used quickcrete that i bought at HD
and also quickcrete acrylic fortifier that was also picked up at HD
. the first layer is put on fairly thin and runny and the second is put on thicker inorder to shape and sculpt. i don't know if it will help or hurt me, but i took a damp paint brush and brushed all the area after the second coat had dried for 1 hour and again after 2 hours. i think that it smooths it out some.
under the larger center structure is open for water flow to the inlet for the filter and the hole also goes through.
I will be putting on the last 2 layers tomorrow and will post them... on monday, after allowing 48 hours to cure, i will be putting in water, after which I will do 50% changes every 18-24 hours for atleast 4 cycles.
post more tomorrow after the last coats are on.
i know that this doesn't look quite as detailed as sulla's temple background that is found earlier in the forum, but i'm just experimenting here, and designed it on the go. but much thanks goes out to sulla for his beautiful tank and his helpful information.
you can click on any of the pics to enlarge them.