diy bubbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my new drill. Taking my time with this now. Drilled around 1cm the day. Doesn't seem alot but it took a hour. Lol.

wilmo said:
Got my new drill. Taking my time with this now. Drilled around 1cm the day. Doesn't seem alot but it took a hour. Lol.

I think you took my going slowly a bit too literal lol.

You don't need to go super slow, but not on high speed either. Kinda feel it out and adjust the speed up as needed. How deep do you need to go? You sould get thru a few inches in less time than that. Do you have the piece clamped down? If not, try that just don't clamp over the hole you're drilling.

i can drill out a 2" hole for a granite sink in about 15 mins something not right iam not making fun at all just wondering what you have your drill set on if it has a high, low setting or a 1, 2 setting go with low or 1 and on the nose of the drill should have numbers go with the highest number available then put decent pressure on the drill use water and keep plunging the drill up and down hope this helps

It's set at two likes but I just don't want to lose another drill. I drilled some more likes and have around 1.5 cm to go. But that's just the smaller hole just need to make the hole at the bottom bigger to fit the air stone into it. But the last 3cm only took me 15 mins lol. It's the first time av drilled granite before. Getting to grips with it now. Lol. But it should be finished tomorrow have to go to work soon. Boo

ohhh ok i was picturing a huge peice of stone but once your small hole is through it makes your bigger hole alot easier what is the shape of your airstone?

It's round cylinder. 15mm thick. And 2 cms long. Nah it's not a huge piece. Just thought it might look cool.

Finally finished wooop. Lol. Took me a while but here it is. Time to clean my tank and put it in.

Attachments

• image-2235642557.jpg
    image-2235642557.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 125
Mr. Limpet said:
Cool looking rock and I don't see the stone, so I guess you got it done the way you planned :).

Cheers. The stone is inside the rock. It's my local granite. We have White red and grey here. I love the red thought. It's in the the tank now and working completely.

Back
Top Bottom