DIY c02

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been researching about DIY c02 and find that I can make a system pretty easily. I would like some advice on diffusion though.

Here's my plan

Get a 2litre bottle , drill hole in top and calk an airline tubing (. Aquarium safe or regular?) then fill the 2liter with the mixture ( correct recipes?) and add water. Shake it up good and connect airline to diffuser ( what is best here I hear that feeding the bubbles jnt the filter intake works, but will here be micro bubbles or will the c02 eat the plastic? What are other DIY options?)

That's all I know on the subject. If you know something please post it. I'll have this thread follow my c02 to installation then may do updates when I remember , thanks guys

I have a aqua tech power 60 . I'd like to see if I can splice the co2 into my 55 and my 30 gallon with a whisper power 40. Would it be pausible or would I be better off having two systems?

You'd be better off doing two, in fact, you might need two just for the 55. I have two in my 55. So you don't have a canister filter?

Nope. Does it still work with my filter though? If not ten is there an easy way to make a diffuser?

You can stick in a piece of bamboo chopstick, or buy one of those little tiny filter deals and use it. This video shows what I mean

Ok. Do I really need a bubble counter? And can I hook up two 2liter reactors onto one bubble counter? ( I'll go with you and say I need two. )

I don't have a bubble counter but it could be a good idea. And yea you can get a t-valve to run both bottles through one line. That video I posted shows an easy bubble counter system.

I mean like have the one lid wih three holes. Two holes for each of the reactors then the third for the out put one. I'd the. Put a check valve onto the output one and put AA piece of bamboo? Into the end under water

i don't see why not; the c02 will go wherever there isn't pressure, which should be through the last tube into the tank if i'm not mistaken

ok, so ill do that for the 55, should i do one for the 30? i have swords,anubis,and hornwort. ( with a clump of java moss). i would only need one right?

One for that tank should be fine. With the way you have it, with two reactor tubes, you would be fine. Mine are just put into one via t-valve which isn't necessary.

Got back from the stores. I got 2 check valves ( one for each system) and some active dry yeast and sugar. I am drilling the holes for the caps now, but I have a question. Should I de chlorinate the warm water before I put it into the reactor?

Ok, what about the calk? And for the bubble counter could I use a Tupperware? How would I know that its airtight?

I don't have any baby food jars. Lol I have water bottles and the 2liters and a ton of Tupperware. There is a Gatorade bottle I can use, does the bight matter? Also what way should I put the check valve?

Back
Top Bottom