DIY CO2 Generator & Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alshain

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 questions. Attached is a crude drawing of what I am building, its like any other. The question is, where should I put check valves? My first thought was to put one right before the reactor, but I saw another drawing that had one coming out of each mixture bottle. Any thoughts?

Second question. I am building a PVC pipe CO2 reactor. I'm concerned that it is too heavy and will pull the filter inlet off it's suction cups. I think using a metal ring with a tie wrap would make a nice loop to hang it by, but does anyone have a suggestion for actually latching it to the tank? I also have a Hydor inline heater that already has the eye to hang it but didn't come with a way to hang it on the tank. I would like to do the same with this device. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Put the check valves on each bottle. That way when you change one, the system will stay pressurized. I tie wrapped my reactor to the vertical support on my stand. It works well and stays hidden.

Ah, thats why he did it, good idea. I have 2 options for check valves, one is normal and one has an air filter. Any preferece?

Back
Top Bottom