Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

So just let it run 24/7 then?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep, an airstone at night is advised if the DC hits the lime green/yellow..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 11-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a Whisper 40 and have the CO2 going into the intake pipe at the top. I drilled a hole just big enough for the airline and then put a little bit of gel super glue around the hole. Has worked great for almost a year. There is a way to shut it off at night. I used to do that until it just got to be too big of a hassle. You add a three way splitter in the CO2 hose and attach a balloon other the third stem. Use a rubber band and make sure it is tight and use a thick balloon. Add a shut off valve in front of the three way splitter. At night turn the valve off and the gas collects in the balloon. In the morning open the valve and the gas leaves the balloon. I did this for a long time and it worked. I just got tired of turning it on and off. Leaving it on constantly hasn't caused a problem.
Just keep an eye on it when you first renew the mix. I have two filters with CO2 lines in the out take pipe on my 29 gallon.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroseofky View Post
I have a Whisper 40 and have the CO2 going into the intake pipe at the top. I drilled a hole just big enough for the airline and then put a little bit of gel super glue around the hole. Has worked great for almost a year. There is a way to shut it off at night. I used to do that until it just got to be too big of a hassle. You add a three way splitter in the CO2 hose and attach a balloon other the third stem. Use a rubber band and make sure it is tight and use a thick balloon. Add a shut off valve in front of the three way splitter. At night turn the valve off and the gas collects in the balloon. In the morning open the valve and the gas leaves the balloon. I did this for a long time and it worked. I just got tired of turning it on and off. Leaving it on constantly hasn't caused a problem.
Just keep an eye on it when you first renew the mix. I have two filters with CO2 lines in the out take pipe on my 29 gallon.
this was my idea as well, to use a balloon as a bladder. How much would your balloon inflate?

For now I order some excel, so Ill see how that alone works before I go into the DIY CO. Not that its hard to make but a hassel it seem to use.
May just get an old paintball tank from my buddy and buy the regulator, even a solenoid and timer if I have to.

Tags
co2, diy, diy co2

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com