DIY CO2..Please HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
So I have finally done my DIY CO2 for all my 6 tanks. Every single one of them is working from the 2-liter bottle (reactor) to the bubble counter. I used an airstone for my diffuser for now since I got them cheap in eBay. Planning on upgrading on a more high tech one later on when I get the money.

Anyway, all but one diffuser (airstone) is letting off CO2. The other 5 is not letting any CO2 out at all. Is it possible that it is and I just don't see it, like it is invisible? They have been in the tank for a few days since I started it. Almost a week now.

Please help...I am not sure if I have done something wrong along the process. I checked for leaks and I found none. Could it also be a fault of the check valve? As I was saying, the reactor and the bubble counter is doing its course fine. Just the airstone is not.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

All are hooked up in series to one 2 liter? If that is the case the air stone with the least resistance is working and the others aren't. You would have to increase CO2 production to exceed the "output" of the low resistance air stone to get another too work but multiple 2 liters would be better set up.

Oh no. Sorry I didn't mention it properly. Each of the 6 tanks have their own 2-liter bottle, own bubble counter, own check valve and own airstone.

All the 2-liter bottles are working since I am seeing bubbles coming out from each corresponding bubble counter. But only one airstone out of 6 is working. So that's why I am worried why the others are not working. :-(

Just making sure, never know...

It is possible it is being dissolved readily. Check all connections with the good old fashioned spit test and make sure no leaks. Have you been following the pH in these tanks since starting the CO2 injection?

How am I going to do the spit test? Sorry, very new with DIY CO2. I was so afraid to try it before, but now that I have done it, it was actually easy to do, minus the not working airstone.

And no, I haven't been testing the pH. What is the pH I should have when I have CO2?

Spit test, just wet any connections to see if they bubble. Just wanting to verify that the CO2 isn't escaping. Start following pH and KH both will change as you inject CO2 into the system.

Alright. Thanks so much for the info.

One more thing, what if there is no leak? What then?

Back
Top Bottom