Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
Unhappy DIY CO2..Please HELP!!!

So I have finally done my DIY CO2 for all my 6 tanks. Every single one of them is working from the 2-liter bottle (reactor) to the bubble counter. I used an airstone for my diffuser for now since I got them cheap in eBay. Planning on upgrading on a more high tech one later on when I get the money.

Anyway, all but one diffuser (airstone) is letting off CO2. The other 5 is not letting any CO2 out at all. Is it possible that it is and I just don't see it, like it is invisible? They have been in the tank for a few days since I started it. Almost a week now.

Please help...I am not sure if I have done something wrong along the process. I checked for leaks and I found none. Could it also be a fault of the check valve? As I was saying, the reactor and the bubble counter is doing its course fine. Just the airstone is not.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

All are hooked up in series to one 2 liter? If that is the case the air stone with the least resistance is working and the others aren't. You would have to increase CO2 production to exceed the "output" of the low resistance air stone to get another too work but multiple 2 liters would be better set up.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
Oh no. Sorry I didn't mention it properly. Each of the 6 tanks have their own 2-liter bottle, own bubble counter, own check valve and own airstone.

All the 2-liter bottles are working since I am seeing bubbles coming out from each corresponding bubble counter. But only one airstone out of 6 is working. So that's why I am worried why the others are not working. :-(

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just making sure, never know...

It is possible it is being dissolved readily. Check all connections with the good old fashioned spit test and make sure no leaks. Have you been following the pH in these tanks since starting the CO2 injection?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Planted Tank Addict

How am I going to do the spit test? Sorry, very new with DIY CO2. I was so afraid to try it before, but now that I have done it, it was actually easy to do, minus the not working airstone.

And no, I haven't been testing the pH. What is the pH I should have when I have CO2?

Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Spit test, just wet any connections to see if they bubble. Just wanting to verify that the CO2 isn't escaping. Start following pH and KH both will change as you inject CO2 into the system.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Planted Tank Addict

Alright. Thanks so much for the info.

One more thing, what if there is no leak? What then?

Tags
co2, diy, diy co2

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com