Diy co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welshy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question about co2.

How many bottles would you suggest for a 190L tank or litres etc I currently have 3 litres and was wondering if I am under shooting how much co2 the tank needs

Do you have a ph and kh test kit? What are your current levels of CO2? That would be the real guide here. Different recipes produce different levels of CO2.

You can figure out roughly how many ppm of CO2 you have by measuring your pH and kH and using the chart below:

CO2 Chart

Like Steve mentioned, the true test is seeing what levels you're getting.

There's a ton of other variables involved as well, in addition to the formula you're using to mix the recipe.

How much water splash and offgassing you have on your tank is a major factor as well, and isn't something easily predictable.

Like Steve said, the best way to know if you have enough is to calculate your CO2 level. You want to be in the 30-35ppm range.

Hi guys cheers for the replies I have a drop checker in the tank which shows adequate levels every now and then never seen optimum levels, off gas is pretty low have the outlet filter barely rippling the surface diffusers made out of a cigarette filter which is producing tiny bubbles the flow also takes the bubbles towered the filter intake, my recipe is around 2 cups if sugar half a teaspoon of yeast no bicarb I guess what I'm asking is can my tank hold more as I'm not seeing outstanding improvements in growth my tank is 190l corner unit 24" deep with 96w 2xt5 2xt8

Back
Top Bottom