DIY CO2 Reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

th08tu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I was wondering what you guys thought of the CO2 Reactor I built. I drew it in paint, and it is currently installed in one of my tanks. Sorry for the poor paint skills, anyways do you think it will work?

Attachments

• Reactor.jpg
    Reactor.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 141
Overall a good design, most in-tank reactors have a similar design. I would suggest you get rid of the sand since it will settle into the filter floss overtime and potentially restrict flow.

If you want, you could also integrate a CO2 recirculation system, basically just an airline from the top of the reactor (where gas can pile up) to the inlet of the powerhead. It should increase efficiency.

If you want, you could also integrate a CO2 recirculation system, basically just an airline from the top of the reactor (where gas can pile up) to the inlet of the powerhead. It should increase efficiency.

Overall a good design, most in-tank reactors have a similar design. I would suggest you get rid of the sand since it will settle into the filter floss overtime and potentially restrict flow.

Both excellent ideas to increase efficiency.

Let us know how the reactor's doing. (pictures would be great too)

Good luck

Blueiz, did you control where the outflow of the cylinder went or did you find that it didn't really matter?

Back
Top Bottom