Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Should you only have one drop counter?

But yea, I think you've got the idea. This basically makes it so that one leaky reactor wont ruin the output from your other. It also provides a good fail point that will go if you jam up somewhere and start building pressure.

Algae creates 75% of the world's oxygen, so really we're all just doing our parts...
aqua_chem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
My bad on that last post. That second bubble counter should pretty much just be into a check valve and into the tank. Poor quality control on my post there.

I found one major flaw in my setup while I was messing with it the other day, not one that would really solve why I'm not seeing the pressure build up, but why I was seeing such a drop in performance. A small gash had appeared in the last section of tubing going into the tank, so a lot of my CO2 was leaking there. I replaced the line and my system is functional again.

I replaced my filter with an ac20 that I don't really want to cut into right now, so I jimmy rigged a new kind of diffuser for myself. Section of capped plastic tube with floss stuffed inside and the output tube placed through the center. The co2 travels through the tube, releases into the tank and gets trapped in the floss for a longer amount of time then if it was just being put in the tank. Well see how it works.

Trout11B is offline   Reply With Quote

co2, diy, diy co2, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com