Diy corner overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi this is my first time posting on any forum ever. After months of reading them.
I am going to be starting a 75 or 90 gallon reef tank. I would rather it have drilled overflows in the bottom of the tank. My question is that I may be able to get a tank cheaper with it being drilled. But I plan on drilling it myself. What I need to know is, if anyone knows where you can purchase the piece of plastic for the overflow or if anyone has tried to make one. Thanks

I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to make one, I just don't have a proper saw cut the acrylic. Do you know specifically anywhere I can order one online I have asked at my lfs and all I have gotten was " google it" But I have yet to find one designed to be used with the holes on the bottom of the tank.

E-rock said:
I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to make one, I just don't have a proper saw cut the acrylic. Do you know specifically anywhere I can order one online I have asked at my lfs and all I have gotten was " google it" But I have yet to find one designed to be used with the holes on the bottom of the tank.

For cutting the acrylic we just used a fine toothed round saw, cut like butter
But u need to find a way to drill the holes in the tank, that part is trickier and should prolly be left to the pros

Definitely want to be careful when drilling the tank. Your going to need special drill bits when doing this. Plus, a drill press will work 1000 times better, if you don't have one of those, call up a professional.

Just found an awesome deal on craigslist hopefully gonna go pick it up later today has overflow already drilled. Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't fall though

I am the proud new owner of a 90 gallon tank (pre-drilled with a corner overflow. Tanks everyone for the help though

E-rock said:
I am the proud new owner of a 90 gallon tank (pre-drilled with a corner overflow. Tanks everyone for the help though

Congratz :) hope u enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom