DIY decor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MossyOakMama

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen flower pots and really beautiful decor in aquariums. Please tell me some ideas of anyone would b willing to share. Thank you so much.

I went to Home Depot, got a really big piece of tile and broke it into some medium and small sized pieces and made caves out of it.

Also what did u use to hold it together? I have seen bricks, riffraff, seems like stuff just laying around.

Also with these objects how long was spent washing them to make sure they were aquarium safe. More like fish safe.

Daps aquarium safe silicone you can get it at Home Depot this is what I'm working on now... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389125330.389494.jpg

Here's a picture of the broken tile. I just lean the pieces on each other it's not being held together. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389126122.534238.jpg

Joe- u rolling that in gravel? Looks awesome. Easy hiding places. Easy on the wallet too.

Muffin- those look great.

Have either one of u seen an aquarium with flower pots and bricks in them??

Yes. I had a broken in half flower pot in that tank, just took it out yesterday actually.

What was it made of Muffin? Terra cotta? Just wanting to know how u cleaned it before u put it in your aquarium.

The tile idea is a great one. I wonder if porcelain and/ or ceramic tile would be safe in aquarium. In the past I've attached driftwood to flat pieces of slate rock to stabilize my scaping. Tile or tile pieces would be under gravel with driftwood coming up thru gravel. Any opinions?

[Q UOTE=Paulin;2809680]The tile idea is a great one. I wonder if porcelain and/ or ceramic tile would be safe in aquarium. In the past I've attached driftwood to flat pieces of slate rock to stabilize my scaping. Tile or tile pieces would be under gravel with driftwood coming up thru gravel. Any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I've actually seen people sell driftwood like this before.

Yesterday I rescaped using these bricks. I smashed them on concrete to get them into pieces, and smoothed out the edges. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390941143.483588.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390941176.987500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom