DIY Dual 10g Tank Stand... How to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gundy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well my wife and I have recently acquired two 10 gallon tanks. I set one up and after putting some decor and plants in the tank my wife has decided she wants to setup the other tank. Basically I have been using TV stands with a 2x4 running up the center to support the weight.

What are my options for building a cheap stand out of 2x4's? Preferably either a combined stand so the tanks sit next to each other, or separate ones that can be put near each other. They really don't need to be fancy or stained, just something that I can feel better about the tank sitting on.

I did some searching and dug up http://www.garf.org/tank/BuildStand.asp which also gives me the required material, but I am not sure how much this setup would cost.. any rough estimates? Or even what it looks like finished? Or even what I want the stand dimensions to be..

I have used Garf plans on my last 2 stands. Cost will be on how you trim it. I built my 75 stand for around $50-75. My 180 stand tried to go a little nicer with so I think I have $100 or so. I had to buy extra wood since I cut some wrong :) They are very solid. Most of them are not set up for having another tank below though. Make sure your dimensions will work.

Back
Top Bottom