DIY fish tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the past month I've been contemplating on building my own fish tank, I have decided I'm going to build a 75 gallon tank. This is a project that my husband and I are going to do everything is going to be built from scratch. We are going to build the tank, stand, 3d background etc. I know it can be cheaper to buy one but I'd rather put my creative skills to work and build it myself, considering this is still in the blueprint stage there is allot that I still need to know, here are my questions:
What is the best kind of glass to use for freshwater tanks? How thick should the glass be? Is it better to use tempered glass? Any help would be appreciated

No problem. I liked how things were described on that page. He made it sound easy and explained things very well.
My father in-law built tanks for a living for 30 years. So if you have any questions not covered on that site then I'm happy to ask him for you.

scooter2210 said:
No problem. I liked how things were described on that page. He made it sound easy and explained things very well.
My father in-law built tanks for a living for 30 years. So if you have any questions not covered on that site then I'm happy to ask him for you.

Thanks so much! I've never done it before so this is a whole new learning experience for me

Back
Top Bottom