DiY Fluval Canister Spraybar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
Why pay for that 14 dollar spray bar kit from fluval when you can build on for any size filter for under a fiver?

Materials:
Irrigation tubing
End cap to fit it.
Couplings (if you want to make it longer)
Barbed fitting 'L' joint that goes on the irrigation pipe
3/8" hosing.
dsc02043r.jpg

You use the hosing to make the barb fit into the larger diameter 305 and 405 hosing.

dsc02040z.jpg

Just drill and you're done.

dsc02041s.jpg

Threw this together in under 5 minutes.

This is cool. I've been wanting to make a spray bar the length of my tank. Can I do that? You drill holes on the whole Length of the pipe? What do you use to hold it in place?

You can use suction cups with big clips. You could also just drill larger holes in the back an insert suction cups you can get from the fish store into them and super glue them in permanently (make sure you get 0 super glue on the inside of the cups as superglue will harden and make brittle rubber). This little thing doesn't need suction cups... They have this kind of pipe at the home depot in various sizes so you probably don't need couplings actually.

When you drill make sure you start small and make few holes then adjust as you please. It's easier to make more, larger holes than the inverse. Wit this set up you can make some really neat configurations so go nuts.

Drilling holes for the suction cups is a great idea. How do you set up yours? Do you think this is ideal if you have a CO2 reactor? The CO2 might fill-up part of it and get trapped in it.

I just feed CO2 into my filter so I'm not sure if you'd really want the flow reduction of both this contraption and the reactor. But plenty of people have spray bars with reactors so it shouldn't be a big deal.

This is close to how ive suggested building spray bars. Good write up. Fwiw, I wouldn't see any issues using this with a reactor... Both my tanks have spray bars and reactors on them

Back
Top Bottom